I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Rimpy’s Reads, thank you!
– Thank the person who nominated you.
– Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
– Nominate 11 blogs.
– Give them 11 questions to answer.
The 11 Questions Rimpy had for me
1. Why do you love to read?
I could write something here like: to escape the monotony of my life, and how if I can’t go on adventures myself at least I can go with them. But, really, it’s because it’s fun and I’m good at it. Plus, books can have physical manifestations of magic (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
2. What is your favourite book genre?
Fantasy! I like a lot of fantasy books, but sometimes epic fantasies or high fantasies are a bit hit and miss for me. I’d like to read more dark fantasy, to be honest, but sometimes some of the ones I find don’t feel dark enough.
3. What book would you want to buried with?
Ash by Malinda Lo, it’s lovely and gorgeous.
4. If you could travel to any place from a novel, which place would it be and why?
I’m really tempted to say Camorr from The Lies of Locke Lamora but, considering that I’m a redhead, that’s probably a pretty bad idea. I would love to explore Camorr though♡
5. If you could date one character from a novel, who would it be and why?
Ahaha, let me go back to The Lies of Locke Lamora(/The Gentleman Bastard Sequence) again and say Sabetha Belacoros; she could wreck me and I would thank her. Other than her, probably pre-Empire of Storms Dorian Havilliard.
6. Which novel are you most anticipating for the coming months?
I read an excerpt of Wings Unseen by Rebecca Gomez Farrell recently, and it looks really good. I hope it ends in a poly relationship♡
7. Favourite snack to read/write with?
Not exactly a snack, but I don’t have any snack foods at home really, so tea. Mostly black teas because if I start making a herbal or tisane my family complains that it taints the tea maker for the next cup; which, yeah, I don’t want my black tea tasting of strawberries for the next five cups either, but still!
8. If you could create a playlist for a novel about your life, what are 5 songs that would be on it?
Banquet by HARUHI, Labyrinth by Kate Nash, I Forgive (But I Won’t Forget Your Name) by Lacuna Coil, HellO by Nishiuchi Mariya, Give Me A Break Stop Now by REOL.
9. Ebook or print?
Both! I kind of prefer ebooks though because physical books are heavy and a pain to cart around. Since getting a Kindle though I’ve been buying a lot more books, and I keep running out of space on both my Kindle and my shelves, whoops.
10. Favourite season to read in?
Any! Although winter’s good because it’s too cold to do anything but sit in bed and read. I burn too easily to sit and read outside during summer, so I definitely prefer the seasons where I can just stay inside.
11. If you could switch the houses of two student from Hogwarts, who would you switch and why?
I’m really tempted to say Slytherin Hermione, because imagine this, she’s so excited to get to Hogwarts and learn magic (friggin’ magic, man!), and her life’s going to change for the better from here and she’s going to make friends and oh—they think she’s not a real witch. Well, that’s going to change. And we’d still have her sticking her nose into other people’s business, come on, she can’t help it, and (somehow having her still end up being friends with Harry and Ron) we’d have both of them getting over their prejudices of Slytherin, and inspiring movements within the houses and let me have this okay. She’s not exactly the sneaky type, but she’s ambitious enough.
I kind of want to say, in exchange, maybe Theo or Blaise (not Draco, sorry but no) can go to Gryffindor. Mostly because there’s not much canon-wise on either of them I want more lol I think it’d be nice to have the perspective of people whose families were on the darker side of the war, and it might help Harry and Ron exercise some caution.
My 11 Nominees
And the 11 Questions
- What are your thoughts on audiobooks?
- Do you have a book outside of the genres you normally read that you adore?
- What two book universes would you want to see merged if they could?
- Have you been anywhere interesting lately or are you planning on travelling anywhere soon?
- What song reminds you of your favourite book?
- Do you ever find that your favourite characters are always the same type?
- Do you ever read fanfiction for a series you like?
- What’s your least favourite genre and why?
- Do you own multiple copies of the same books?
- Are you a bookshelf or a bookcase kind of person?
- How do you sort your books?
Thank you, again, Rimpy for tagging me♡ It was fun~